Here is a list of parts we used for the project.
- 12x12x800mm Aluminium square tubing, 1mm thick walls.
- 4 x 13x120mm flat bar, 2.5mm thick.
- 4mm bolts and lock nuts.
- 4 x Hacker 20-20 motors or equivalent, the hacker clones are much cheaper.
- 4 x Ground contact switches. The last word on whether we have landed or not.
The electronics stack is divided into 6 components.
6 DOF IMU
- 2 x IDG-300, Integrated Dual-Axis Gyro.
- MicroMag3, 3-Axis Magnetic Sensor Module. Datasheet
- MMA7260Q, ±1.5g - 6g Three Axis Low-g Micromachined Accelerometer. Datasheet
- LV-MaxSonar -EZ4, Sonar Range Finder.
- MP3H6115A, Integrated Pressure Sensor.
- 2x LTC1867L, 16-Bit, 8-Channel 175ksps ADCs.
- ARM7 16-bit/32-bit ARM7TDMI core, Microcontroller.
- Atmel ATmega8, Microcontroller. Datasheet
- ACS756, Hall Effect Current Sensor. 100A
- Voltage divider for battery voltage measurement.
LTC1867L, 16-Bit, 8-Channel 175ksps ADCs.we are just going to use the 10bit A/D on the ATMega8.
- R-78B3.3-1.0, 3.3v DC/DC-Converter 1A Pin-out compatible with LM78XX Linears. Datasheet
- R-78B5.0-1.0, 5v DC/DC-Converter 1A Pin-out compatible with LM78XX Linears. Datasheet
High level controller
- FOX Board LX 8+32 
To be decided.
To be decided.
Electronic Speed Control
4x Atmel ATmega8, Microcontrollers. Datasheet
Hobby brushless speed controller.
We are probably going to use ready made i2c compatible speed controllers. Two types we are looking into are
The advantage of the Bl-Ctrl is that it's cheap, while the YGE 30 i is nearly double the price. On the other hand the YGE 30 i can supply up to 30A continuous current, but the Bl-Ctrl can only do 10A. So it's going to be a trade off between price vs power.